WHAT IS WEIGHTLIFTING?
Snatch: The athlete seizes the barbell in an eager way from the floor to overhead in one fluid motion.
Clean & Jerk: The athlete lifts the barbell from the floor to the shoulder (Clean), & then from shoulders to overhead (Jerk).
Does your sport require throwing, sprinting, running, or jumping?
Then you can perform the Snatch and Clean & Jerk (Weightlifting) for the most outstanding way to train full body movements with triple-extension (simultaneous extension of the knee and hip, and plantar flexion at the ankle).
These two lifts increase your athleticism in the following ways:
- Triple extension – ankle, knee, hip
- Explosive power
- Power to Weight Ratio (Sinclair Method)
- Force Production
- Bone density and load bearing, greater immunity from Osteoporosis and Breast Cancer – lowering the need for estrogen reduction medications Arimidex, Tamoxifen
- General Physical Preparedness
- Skill acquisition and co-ordination
- Body awareness, sequencing and timing
- Commitment and persistence to surpass your personal records
- Mobility and flexibility especially under load
- Acceleration, momentum and velocity – the snatch has an average velocity of 1.52–1.67 m/s. This makes it a quality lift for training speed-strength in which the athlete aims to move a weight at its fastest velocity.